Charcoal is a well-known beauty ingredient and is used in a lot of skin-care and hair-care products and remedies. Commercial products that claim to contain natural ingredients often contain hidden chemical based ingredients; also they come with a price tag. Why spend money when you could make your own homemade products? Below is a recipe for charcoal shampoo to deep clean your hair and scalp:
- Charcoal has great adsorbing properties that help your hair and scalp get rid of dirt, excess sebum and dandruff.
- Charcoal detoxes your scalp and hair and removes product build-up. This unclogs hair follicles and stimulates hair growth.
- Activated charcoal deep cleanses and purifies your scalp and hair.
RECIPE FOR DIY CHARCOAL SHAMPOO TO DEEP CLEAN HAIR:
Things you need-
- 1 cup liquid castile soap
- 1 ½ tablespoon activated charcoal powder
- ¼ cup filtered or distilled water
- In a mixing bowl, add liquid castile soap followed by water.
- Stir and add in charcoal powder. Mix well. Make sure there are no lumps.
- Pour the mixture in a pump bottle and your charcoal shampoo is ready!
- You can also add in tea tree oil if you have dandruff or lavender oil for fragrance.