If you have acne-prone oily skin, flaunting clear skin sans blemishes appears to be like some exotic, far-fetched dream! Well, with the use of activated charcoal gaining popularity, now it is quite possible to get clear skin using a simple DIY mask using this black, gritty, wonder ingredient:
BENEFITS OF CHARCOAL FOR SKIN
- Since toxins get easily attracted to charcoal, it acts as a wonderful cleansing and detoxifying agent.
- As activated charcoal pulls impurities out of skin pores, it leaves the skin looking fresh and the pores are less visible.
- Charcoal helps control sebum secretion and does away with unwanted oil from the skin.
- It helps exfoliate the skin and prevent acne.
- Activated charcoal is absolutely safe for skin. Neither does it irritate sensitive skin, nor does it cause allergic reactions.
DIY CHARCOAL FACE MASK FOR CLEAR SKIN
Things That You Need
- Activated charcoal- 1 teaspoon
- Bentonite clay- 3 tablespoons
- Witch hazel- 2 tablespoons
- Aloe vera juice- 1 teaspoon
- Tea tree essential oil-a few drops
- Mix activated charcoal and bentonite clay in a plastic bowl.
- Pour in witch hazel to the mixture. Let the liquid be absorbed slowly into the mixture.
- Add aloe vera juice to it.
- Add tea tree essential oil and mix all the components together.
- Apply the mask on face and neck.
- Let it dry completely.
- Rinse thoroughly with plenty of cool water and pat your skin dry.
- This mask is best suited for oily skinned beauties.
- Activated charcoal helps detox skin, absorb excess oil and treat blemishes.
- Bentonite clay has antimicrobial properties that help treat acne and detox the skin.
- Witch hazel helps treat acne and skin inflammation.
- Aloe vera juice helps balance the pH level of the mask.
- Tea tree oil imparts a refreshing fragrance and its antibacterial properties make it perfect for oily skin.
- If your skin is sensitive, it is very important to neutralize the clay before application. That’s why witch hazel as well as aloe vera juice is recommended. Using only water to whip up the mask might irritate your skin.
- Do not use any metal mixing bowl.
- If you are storing any leftover mask, store it in an airtight container.
- Do not use this mask if your skin type is dry.