When those otherwise tiny pores on your face become noticeable, it could be a matter of concern for you! Though it is not a serious medical condition, it is still considered a nuisance as it prevents you from getting porcelain smooth skin. Open pores could be one of the contributing factors to your skin problems, including, blackheads and acne. You can try out an easy homemade Apple Cider Vinegar toner to shrink those open pores. All you need to do is to combine ACV and water and apply this DIY toner on skin:
BENEFITS OF USING APPLE CIDER VINEGAR AS A TONER:
• It has natural astringent and skin toning properties.
• It helps remove thickened sebum from skin pores.
• It helps do away with clogged pores, clears whiteheads and blackheads.
• It helps impart firmness to facial skin.
• It restores the natural pH balance of skin.
• Its anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and antimicrobial properties help treat blemishes.
• It helps shrink large pores.
DIY APPLE CIDER VINEGAR TONER TO SHRINK PORES
Things that you need:
• ACV- 5 tbsp
• Water/ rosewater – 8 tbsp
• Bowl and Cotton balls
• Mix ACV with water/rosewater in a clean bowl.
• In the ACV solution, soak a cotton ball and apply on skin, especially on areas with large pores.
• Let it dry for 15 minutes.
• Wash off with cold water.
• Follow up with a non-comedogenic moisturiser if required.
• Cucumber juice helps reduce the appearance of large pores. Apply cucumber juice to soothe irritated skin and enjoy its natural astringent properties.
• Use a face mask in which you mix egg white with lemon juice. Though the mask tends to have an unpleasant smell of raw egg, it is extremely beneficial in reducing fine lines and shrinking open pores. Apply it twice every week.
• Use Kaolin clay mask to reduce greasiness and purify your skin naturally while lessening the appearance of open pores.
• Lay your hands on products that contain salicylic acid as an active ingredient.
• Look for ‘non-comedogenic’ tag when you plan to invest in face moisturizer.