Anti aging serums can be expensive and contain harmful chemicals. Instead, try this homemade anti aging serum recipe! It contains nutrients and antioxidants that will help the skin look vibrant and youthful while delivering vital nutrients and hydration! Why a serum? Why not a cream or lotion? The beauty of a serum is that most of the fluid is eliminated so what you’re left with is a high concentration of ingredients that penetrate your skin faster and more effectively. That makes serums ideal for troubleshooting specific problems such as age spots, sun damage and fine lines!
Here are the benefits and recipe for DIY anti-aging facial serum:
- Frankincense essential oil promotes regeneration of healthy cells and also keeps the existing cells and tissues healthy. Powerful astringent capabilities help tone and tighten skin all over your body.
- Geranium essential oil helps regulate oil production, reducing acne breakouts. Improves skin elasticity and tightens skin, reducing the appearance of wrinkles. Promotes blood circulation, helping to heal bruises, broken capillaries, and other skin conditions.
- Rose essential oil moisturizes dry skin and helps refine overall skin texture.
- jojoba oil can be used as the base oil because it closely resembles the natural oils in our skin. It has anti-inflammatory properties and works great for dry, aging, oily, normal, or acne-prone skin.
- Vitamin E acts as an antioxidant and prevents the facial oil from going rancid.
Things you need:
- 3 drops Frankincense essential oil
- 3 drops Geranium essential oil
- 3 drops Rose essential oil
- 1 tsp vitamin E oil
- 6-8 tablespoons jojoba oil
- Place jojoba, rose essential oil, and vitamin E into glass dropper bottle. Add essential oils, close top, and gently roll bottle to mix.
- Use 1/4 – 1/2 dropper full of serum nightly on clean face and neck to preserve, smooth, and protect your skin. Avoid the eye care.
** warning **: Do a patch test before using any of the oils to check for allergic reaction.