Whether that bloating is a result of fluid retention or excess gas, it can be a cause of extreme discomfort accompanied by an unwanted feeling of fullness in the abdomen and even abdominal pain. To reduce the bloated appearance around your belly, detox water is something that you must try! Concoct your detox water, which functions both as a health tonic and as a natural fat-burner, to treat bloated belly using readily available ingredients like ginger, mint, lemon and cucumber:
BENEFITS OF HAVING GINGER-MINT-CUCUMBER DETOX WATER FOR BLOATING
- Ginger works effectively as a carminative and improves blood circulation, which in turn helps alleviate bloating and gas. It soothes the digestive system.
- Mint helps relax muscles and allows gas trapped in the digestive tracts to pass, thereby reducing bloating symptoms.
- Cucumber acts as a diuretic that enables your body to flush out toxins and reduce bloating. It also helps keep the gut clean and free from constipation.
- Lemon adds a nice tangy flavour to your detox water.
GINGER-MINT-CUCUMBER DETOX WATER FOR TREATING BLOATED BELLY
Things that you need:
- Water- 1 ½ litres
- Ginger- 1 ½ teaspoon (grated)
- Mint leaves- 20-22
- Lemon- 1(big) sliced
- Cucumber- 1 (big) sliced
- Put ginger, lemon slices and cucumber slices in a big glass jug.
- Pour water into the jug containing the ingredients.
- Add mint leaves to this mixture.
- Allow it to stand for at least 1 hour.
- Drink it frequently, throughout the day.
- Avoid eating big meals, try eating smaller portions instead.
- Include probiotic supplements in your diet.
- Try to keep anxiety and stress at bay.
- Drink at least 8 to 10 glasses of water every day. Staying hydrated is important.
- Reduce salt-intake, avoid food rich in sodium.
- Sipping peppermint tea, fennel seed tea and chamomile tea helps.
- Since ginger acts as a natural blood thinner, never combine it with any blood-thinning medication. Always ask your doctor in case you are under treatment.
- If you have diabetes and you are under medication, ask your physician before taking mint.