Detox drinks are the latest diet craze to take off in recent years, and it looks like more than just a mere fad. This approach to losing weight is miraculous for a variety of reasons. There are a number of detox drinks but detox green tea will always remain at the top!
In this hot- hot weather, who wants a hot cup of green tea? Not me atleast! How about a detox iced green tea? Here is how to make one:
- This drink increases the metabolism. The polyphenols in iced detox green tea intensify your fat burning potential.
- Cucumber helps flush out and rids the liver, kidneys and digestive system of toxins.
- The citric acid in limes helps rid the body of excess inflammation.
- Mint aids in digestion by helping to break down dietary fat.
Things you need:
- Brewed green tea 1 cup
- 3 mint leaves
- 2 slices cucumber
- ½ juiced lime
- 1 teaspoon raw honey
- Squeeze the lime juice into a glass.
- Add the mint leaves and the cucumber slices to the glass and muddle until the leaves are slightly bruised. You can also use the back of a spoon if you don’t have a muddle.
- Fill the glass with ice and add your iced green tea.
- Add sweetener to taste.
- Stir well and garnish with additional mint leaves and lime slices, if desired. Enjoy!