Dandruff causes visible dry flakes of skin that shed from the scalp. When these flakes land on dark clothing, they cause a lot of embarrassment. Dandruff also makes the scalp itchy and oily.
Lemon’s acidity helps balance the pH of your scalp, which helps keeps dandruff at bay. Lemon juice is an effective way to get rid of dandruff in a natural way. The citric acid present in lemon juice helps in removing dandruff from the roots of the hair. There are different methods to treat your hair with lemon juice and completely remove dandruff. Coconut oil makes an excellent deep conditioner and dandruff treatment. It will help to moisturize your hair and control dandruff because of its rich, emollient texture and antifungal properties.
Benefits of coconut oil and lemon juice for dandruff:
- Gets rid of dandruff
- Moisturizes scalp
- Helps with dry, itchy scalp
- Conditions hair
This problem can be controlled by following a healthy hair care routine. You can also try some simple natural home remedies.
- Mix ¼ cup of warm coconut oil with the juice of half a lemon.
- Section off the hair and apply the mixture using a cotton ball.
- Massage your scalp.
- Wait 30 minutes before washing your hair.
- Use this remedy a couple of times per week until your dandruff disappears.