Tired of using creams and lotions to treat
that acne and remove those acne scars? Try using a homemade exfoliating face pack with two easily
available ingredients that help fade those stubborn marks in course of time. Keep reading to know
how you can use coconut oil and baking soda for acne scars:
OF USING COCONUT OIL AND BAKING SODA FOR ACNE SCARS
- Coconut oil contains
lauric acid that helps kill acne-causing bacteria. Its anti-fungal and anti-inflammatory properties
help soothe skin irritation.
- It contains antioxidants that offer protection against
free radicals and promote cell regeneration.
- Coconut oil boosts collagen production
and imparts smooth skin free from scars.
- Baking soda helps restore the pH balance of
- It has bleaching properties that help lighten skin tone and exfoliates the
skin to remove dead skin cells and acne scars.
- Baking soda, along with coconut oil,
makes a perfect combination to treat acne scars naturally. The mild abrasive nature of baking soda
combines with the natural moisturising properties of coconut oil, thereby cleansing the skin pores,
promoting blood circulation and yet not stripping your skin of natural
COCONUT OIL AND BAKING SODA FOR ACNE SCARS
that you need
- Coconut oil- 1 tablespoon
- Baking soda- 1
- Mix baking soda and coconut oil to make a
- Massage on skin and leave it on for 3 to 5 minutes.
your finger tips and massage your skin gently.
- Wash off with cool water.
- Do this treatment thrice every week.
- Opt for extra virgin coconut oil for application on skin. It works
best for beauty applications.
- If your skin feels dry after the treatment, follow up
with non-comedogentic moisturizer.
- Do not
use baking soda directly on skin. Use it with oil so that it doesn’t make your skin dry.
- Go for a patch test before using this pack for skin. Discontinue if you develop redness, rashes
or any kind of allergic reaction to the baking soda contained in it.