Soft, shiny and silky straight hair is ever fashionable. If you want to achieve poker-straight hair, there are hundreds of chemical-based treatments available in the reputed salons in your city. But the effects are temporary and your hair is severely damaged in the long run. What can be better if you could get similar benefits out of natural ingredients that not only impart straight hair but also nourish your hair in the process? Coconut milk is one such ingredient. Use coconut milk mixed with lemon juice, olive oil and arrowroot powder to prepare a homemade mask that helps straighten your hair naturally.
BENEFITS OF COCONUT MILK HAIR STRAIGHTENING MASK:
- Coconut milk, in combination with lemon juice, helps straighten your hair naturally.
- Olive oil helps condition the hair strands and removes dryness.
- Arrowroot powder functions as a thickening agent that not only gives a non-drip formula to the hair mask for smooth application, it also helps absorb excess oils.
- The hair mask helps do away with frizzy hair.
- It restores healthy oils to the hair shafts and makes your hair smooth.
- This mask is rich in nutrients like magnesium, proteins and vitamins that nourish your hair.
DIY COCONUT MILK HAIR STRAIGHTENING MASK
Things That You Need
- Coconut milk- 1 cup
- Lemon juice- 4 tbsp
- Olive oil- 2 tbsp
- Arrowroot powder- 3 tbsp
- Mix coconut milk and olive oil together.
- In a separate bowl, add lemon juice to arrowroot powder slowly and keep mixing so that there are no lumps formed.
- Heat a saucepan over medium heat and mingle both the mixtures together.
- Keep stirring continuously.
- Turn off the stove when you find the concoction’s consistency is like that of cake batter.
- Let it cool.
- Apply the mask on hair and wear a shower cap.
- Leave on for 2 hours.
- Shampoo and rinse well.
- Use this hair mask twice every week.
- Freshly squeezed coconut milk works best.
- You can also use cornstarch instead of arrowroot powder.
- When you don’t have enough time to prepare this hair straightening mask, keep it simple. Just mix a tbsp lemon juice with ¼ cup coconut milk and refrigerate it. Apply the mixture along the length of your hair next day and shampoo after 30 minutes. You tend to get similar results.