If you are a regular makeup user, you probably need to wash your makeup tools on regular basis. Are you suffering from acne and clogged pores? Then probably that could be because of your makeup brushes! Makeup tools laden with makeup can be a breeding ground for bacteria and can transfer it to your skin causing skin problems. There are a lot of makeup brush cleaners in the market but you can make it at home too! Below is how you could use vinegar to deep clean your makeup brushes.
- Apple cider vinegar/white vinegar is a natural anti-bacterial and anti-fungal agent that inhibits bacteria and fungus on the brushes.
- Apple cider vinegar/white vinegar also is a great cleansing agent used for skin, hair and laundry and it works equally well in cleaning the brush bristles.
- Also, the makeup brush cleaner is gentle and maintains the bristle shape without leading to breakage.
- The makeup brush cleaner is all natural, toxin-free, easy to make and ingredients used are readily available!
RECIPE FOR DIY MAKEUP BRUSH CLEANER:
Things you need-
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or melted coconut oil
- 1 cup of apple cider vinegar/white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of baking soda
- 2 tablespoons baby shampoo or liquid castile soap
- Take a bowl and add in 1 cup of water followed by 1 tablespoon of baking soda.
- Stir until baking soda is dissolved and add in 2 tablespoons baby shampoo or liquid castile soap followed by 1 cup of apple cider vinegar/white vinegar .
- Now, add in coconut oil or olive oil and stir well.
- Grab your makeup brushes and soak them upside down making sure the bristles are completely drenched in the solution.
- Let it sit for 1 hour, scrub the bristles with fingers and throw away the solution.
- Rinse the brushes with clean water and air dry. Repeat if needed.