Silver jewellery or utensils look good as long as they are polished and sparkling clean. They lose their glamor and become dull after a period of time. Make your tarnished silver and dull jewellery shine like new by following these easy tips and tricks:
– Bring one litre of water, one tablespoon of baking soda and one piece of aluminium foil to a boil. Drop silverware in the pot for 10 seconds (longer if it’s very tarnished), then remove using kitchen tongs. You will be amazed at the results!
– Squirt a small amount of ketchup on a paper towel, and rub gently over the tarnished areas. If your silver isn’t getting shinier, let the ketchup sit for 15 minutes, then rub with a soft cloth and rinse clean.
– Hand sanitizer not only fights germs, but it’s a great silver polish. Squirt a few drops on a soft cloth and rub away the tarnish.
– Squeeze a small amount of toothpaste on a rag and polish your silver. Then rinse and see how it shines!
– Tarnish can be prevented very easily! Just rub your regular hair conditioner on the silver using a sponge or cloth.
– Silverware will stay shiny if you keep a few pieces of how to clean silver in the drawer or chest where you store it. The chalk absorbs moisture, preventing your nice utensils from tarnishing.
Use these easy tips for sparkling silverware.