Clogged drains are just not part of the joy of home cleaning, but from time to time this problem arises. For troubleshooting this issue, we often rely on plumbers. There are also a number of acidic solutions available in the market that help unclog drains but the fumes released by these acidic solutions can be harmful in a long run, plus it damages your sinks and pipes gradually. Looking out for a safer option? The next time you need to unclog a drain, forget the plumber and toxic solutions or cleaners and do it yourself. You just need baking soda and vinegar for this simple and easy task.
BAKING SODA AND VINEGAR TO UNCLOG A DRAIN:
Things you need-
- Boiling water (as needed)
- 1/2 cup baking soda
- 1 cup white vinegar
- First, pour some boiling hot water down your drain.
- Then, put ½ cup of baking soda into the drain.
- Next, pour 1 cup of white vinegar into the drain. A fizzing action will take place, which will help remove the gunk and grime that has built up in the drain.
- Wait 10 to 15 minutes, then flush some hot water down the drain.
To prevent future clogs, avoid putting food waste, solids and kitchen oils down the drain as much as possible.