Ayurveda teaches several ways to help maintain hair and scalp health. If you are experiencing hair and scalp issues, ayurvedic herbal hair rinse is all you need. It not only solves hairfall problems but also treats dandruff and scalp itching and makes your hair shiny and healthy. Herbal hair rinses can be made to condition dry hair, balance an oily scalp, or purify the scalp and hair of product residue. Here is an effective hair rinse recipe:
- Aamla and hibiscus adds shine, encourage hair growth and addresses premature greying.
- Helps to cleanse the hair, removing residue and buildup left over from everyday shampoos, conditioners, and hair products.
- Balances the scalp pH
- Makes hair soft with regular usage.
Things you need-
- 1 1/2 cups Distilled Water
- 1/2 cup Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Hibiscus Petal Powder
- 1 tablespoon aamla powder
- 2 tablespoons Haritaki Powder
Bring 1/2 cups of Distilled Water to a boil, add powdered herbs and stir well. Reduce heat to low simmer, cover, and allow to gently boil for 30 minutes. Remove the mixture from heat and allow to cool completely. After the infusion has cooled completely, strain it through a cheesecloth and into a mixing bowl or pitcher. The mixture may have to be strained more than once to remove all of the plant material. Add the Organic Apple Cider Vinegar to the mixing bowl or pitcher and stir well. If you are adding any optional scent to the rinse, do so now. Pour the mixture into snap or disc cap bottles.
How to use-
After shampooing, simply douse your hair with the rinse, allowing all of your hair to be saturated. You may rinse your hair again with water, or leave the mixture in your hair.