In Ayurveda, insomnia is considered a vata condition. Vata is wind, movement, change, instability, cold, dry, light. The nervous system has been derailed and the five vayus/prana are not flowing properly, causing sleeplessness. Ayurveda has some really great natural solutions for almost any problem be it internal or external. Here I am today with a recipe for Ayurvedic drink for deep sleep:
Here is the recipe for Ayurvedic Drink for Deep Sleep:
- 1 cup nut milk (cow milk will also do, but nut milk is always better and has sleep inducing properties)
- 1 tablespoon chopped dates
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch cardamom powder
- Combine all the ingredients and blend in a blender
- Consume before bedtime!
Note: do not put more that required quantities of nutmeg as it has really strong effects and will induce more sleep than required!
- This drink contains no caffeine that will interfere with your sleeping patterns!
- Nutmeg calms the senses and induces sleep.
- This drink relieves stress and enables the body to reserve and sustain vital energy throughout the day while promoting sound, restful sleep at night.
- All the other ingredients are healthy for the body and they too help relieve stress and calm blood flow making you sleep better.