Scalp build up could be a caused by dandruff, itchy scalp, flakes, hair fall and a gamut of other hair problems. Hence, it is desired that you prevent scalp build up in the first place. Too much usage of dry shampoo, leave-in hair treatments, shampoos, serums etc. can also cause hair buildup and it is necessary to clarify your hair once or twice every 2 weeks to ensure that the hair follicles are not clogged and hair strands are frizz-free. Below is how you could use ACV to clarify hair along with its benefits:
- Apple cider vinegar has great cleansing properties that remove all the dirt, grime, oil and product buildup from the scalp.
- Apple cider vinegar also cleanses and unclogs hair follicles thus stimulating hair growth.
- It detoxes the scalp and helps fight dandruff.
- Apple cider vinegar maintains a healthy scalp pH that prevents dandruff causing fungus from growing and giving you itchy dandruff.
- Apple cider vinegar is a miracle ingredient that can help you treat and prevent scalp acne and also control oiliness.
WAYS TO USE APPLE CIDER VINEGAR TO CLARIFY HAIR:
PRE-SHAMPOO SCALP TREATMENT
Take ½ cup ACV, 3 tablespoons aloe vera juice and 1 teaspoon rosemary oil. Mix all the ingredients and pour into a spray bottle. Spray this mix on to your scalp and massage well. Cover the head using a shower cap for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes take off the cap and rinse with cold water, conditioner and shampoo.
ACV BAKING SODA SCALP SCRUB
Get a little amount of baking soda in your palm and add a few drops of acv to prepare a paste. It will fizz initially. Massage the paste on your hair and scalp. Shampoo it off thoroughly and you are done!
In a container, add 5 tablespoons of acv and 2 cups water. Use this as a last hair rinse after shampooing.