Aloe vera often called as wonder plant has been used in various forms for decades because of its medicinal properties. Popularly used for internal and external purposes such as for skin improvement, hair growth, maintaining blood sugar levels , stronger immune system etc. Today this plant is widely used in herbal therapies, cosmetics, food supplements.
Beneficial properties of Aloe-vera for hair:
- The fleshy texture of the plant when used on hair can significantly reduce itchiness and dryness.
- Using aloe-vera before regular wash helps soothing hair and leaves a silky and shiny texture.
- The anti-fungal and antibacterial properties helps reduce dandruff and maintains a healthy scalp.
- Know to improve blood circulation on the scalp. The vitamins and nutrients present helps prevent hair fall to a great extent and eventually promote hair growth.
Directions of making Aloe vera oil:
- Take 250 ml of coconut oil and Aloe-vera flesh in bowl.
- Heat the mixture in an open pan with low-mid temperature.
- Sauté the mixture for 10-15 minutes.
- Strain the mixture in a container
- Add few drops of lavender essential oil for fragrance.
- Store it in a cool dry place and use 2-3 times a week for best results