Thousands of hair care products are available in the market and almost all of them guarantee soft and silky hair, problem-free scalp and faster hair growth. However not every product lives up to its claims and that is why you are forever looking for effective homemade recipes to arrest hair fall, treat dandruff and cure split ends. Did you know that you can use activated charcoal to detoxify your scalp and treat hair loss? It is inexpensive and absolutely safe! Check out what benefits activated charcoal has to offer and how you can use it in your hair care regime:
BENEFITS OF USING ACTIVATED CHARCOAL FOR HAIR
- It cleanses impurities like excess sebum, oil and dirt from the scalp, thereby unclogging the pores.
- It helps exfoliate scalp and detoxify the hair follicles.
- It helps soak excess sebum and remove oily dandruff.
- Its antibacterial and antifungal properties help reduce instances of scalp infections.
HOW TO USE ACTIVATED CHARCOAL FOR HAIR LOSS
- As An Add-On To Your Regular Shampoo: Add ½ tsp activated charcoal powder to your bottle of shampoo and shake well. Use this shampoo and you will see a significant reduction in hair loss.
- As Hair Scrub: Mix 2 tablespoon activated charcoal powder and coconut oil together to make a hair scrub. Massage this scrub on your scalp and leave it on for twenty minutes. Wash off to cleanse your scalp and unclog pores.
- As A Hair Vitalizing Solution: Mix a teaspoon baking soda with ¼ teaspoon activated charcoal powder. Stir it in a cup of warm water and apply the solution on hair. Massage it gently on your scalp. Leave it on for 30 minutes and then rinse with plenty of water. This hair mask will not only detoxify your scalp and hair but will also help arrest hair loss and promote hair growth. Use it two times every week.
- Consult your doctor before using activated charcoal for hair in case you are pregnant or breast-feeding.
- If you are suffering from intestinal obstruction of any kind, refrain from using activate charcoal.