Yogurt is a rich ingredient which is used from ancient times in skin care rituals. It is great for skin, health and hair and is used in many different ways to benefit our body and beauty! Yogurt has several skin hair benefits and we can use it in every possible way in our hair care regime. Below is how you could use yogurt for hair growth along with its benefits:
- Yogurt is natural hair conditioner that makes hair soft and tames frizz.
- Yogurt reduces dryness & itchiness of scalp and maintains the natural balance of scalp
- Yogurt is a good source of protein as well as Vitamin B complex which are great for growth of hair. It acts as a natural conditioner and has hair-softening properties that make curd an ideal choice for a nourishing hair treatment.
- Yogurt helps in improving the texture of hair as well as in treating dandruff and hair fall.
- With regular usage, yogurt strengthens hair follicles and promotes hair growth.
- Yogurt effectively treats damaged hair, improves the texture of your hair, seals moisture in hair strands,and promotes hair growth.
WAYS TO USE YOGURT FOR HAIR GROWTH:
YOGURT+ OLIVE OIL
Mix the ½ cup yogurt with ¼ cup olive oil to get a thick paste. Apply it all over your hair focusing on the roots. Leave it on for 15 minutes and wash off with warm water. Yogurt and olive oil are a natural conditioner for your hair.
YOGURT+ GRAM FLOUR
Make a paste of a tbsp of yogurt and a tbsp of gram flour powder (besan). Apply it on the hair roots and let it be there for an hour or so. Wash it with mild shampoo. More: Beauty treatments with yogurt for skin and hair >>
YOGURT+ BAKING SODA
Take 1 cup yogurt in a bowl and add in 4 tablespoons of baking soda to it. Mix it well and use it as a scalp scrub before shampooing.