White clothes are something that turn dull and yellow with time. Whites are the hardest color to keep looking bright and new after just a few months’ time. Commercial bleaches are toxic and can damage your clothes in a long run. Wouldn’t you generally prefer to use the most natural products in your household and on your laundry? Just like you believe in detoxing your healthy routine, detoxing your home and laundry too is essential. Below is how you could make use of fresh or leftover lemon peels (the skin that remains after squeezing out the juice) to whiten your clothes along with its benefits:
- Lemon peels have concentrated compounds as compared to lemon juice that work better in whitening clothes.
- Lemon peels whitens, freshens, and softens fabrics.
- Not only do they whiten and freshen clothes, but they also are great stain removers.
- Lemon peels work as a natural bleaching agent and have no toxic compounds as commercial bleaching agents.
- Lemon peels make your laundry smell fresh!
- White clothes are prone to visible mildew spots. Lemon peels are antimicrobial that inhibit mildew and prevent spots.
WAYS TO USE LEMON PEELS TO WHITEN CLOTHES:
- Grab some lemon peels and dry them in the sun. Powder them and add it to your detergent. Use the detergent like you normally would.
- Add in fresh lemon peels to your final washing cycle.
- Grab some dried lemon peels or lemon peel powder. Add it to water and boil. Let it simmer for good 10 minutes. Let it cool and strain. Also add in lemon essential oil for more benefits. Use 2 cups of this in 1 bucket of water and soak your white clothes after washing for good 1 hour. Squeeze out all the water and dry in shade.