A sore throat can be a royal pain in the throat. Like blinking, we never notice how much we swallow until we start paying attention to it, and when it hurts like nobody’s business, it’s kind of difficult not to pay attention. Common accompanying symptoms might include coughing, fever, fatigue or body aches. Teas can help ease sore throats; however, you should discuss your symptoms with a medical practitioner before relying on teas as a cure.
- Peppermint (teabags or fresh)
- slices fresh ginger
- 4 cloves garlic
- Juice of 1/4 of a lemon
- Peel the garlic cloves, then whack them with the side of a knife to release the essential oils.
- Boil the peppermint, sliced ginger, and crushed garlic in 4 cups of water for 10 minutes.
- Add lemon and honey to taste.
- 1/4 teaspoon of Cayenne Pepper
- 1 cup of boiling water
- 2-3 teaspoon of honey
- Add 1/2 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper to 1 cup of boiling water.
- Stir in the honey, and wait until the mixture is warm-but not hot-before drinking throughout the day as needed.
- Make sure to stir it frequently, as the Cayenne tends to settle.
- If you’re sensitive to spice, reduce the quantity of pepper.