Sore throat can be a reason of changing weather or cold. It can lead to painful swallow and sometimes inflammation as well. It is always better to cure it the natural way rather than using commercial OTC syrups and tablets with side effects. Here I am with a natural honey tonic for sore throat. Honey mixed in tea or simply taken straight up has long been a home remedy for sore throat.
- All natural ingredients used that have no side effects.
- Can be made easily at home on-the-go
- The ingredients used not only soothe the throat but also kills any bacteria causing inflammation.
- Honey appeared to be as effective as a common cough suppressant ingredient.
Things you need-
- Half inch grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- Half teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- Pinch of turmeric
- Juice of half lemon
- 1 cup warm water
- Combine all the ingredients in a cup of warm water and mix till honey dissolves.
- Drink 2-3 times a day in case of severe sore throat
Honey has long been used as a sore-throat remedy. It has antibacterial properties and also acts as a hypertonic osmotic, which means that it draws water out of inflamed tissue. This reduces swelling and discomfort.