Did you get an expensive pair of shoes but feel tight at the toes? Nothing can be as disappointing as this! Wearing tight shoes the entire day can have some really bad effects and be problematic in long run. Tight shoes can change the shape of your toes, can cause swollen feet and also is the main reason behind ingrown toe nails. How to loosen your footwear? Is it even possible? Well, with the right techniques, you could certainly wear your favorite pair of shoes with ease! Freezing your shoes is an amazing hack you can try to loosen your shoes a bit so you could fit in properly. Below is how to do it. More: Painless-free ways to break in new shoes >>
FREEZING YOUR SHOES TO LOOSEN THEM:
Things you need:
- 2 large zip lock bags
- 1 big plastic bag
- Your shoes
- Grab your shoes and remove any extra foam or padding if you put in.
- Grab 2 large plastic zip lock bags and fill them up with water. Make sure you are leaving some space in the bag.
- Place the bags into your shoes making sure it is thoroughly placed at the tips where you usually tend to feel tighter.
- For hygiene, put the shoes in a plastic bag and toss it in the freezer.
- Let the shoes be in the freezer overnight.
- The next morning, remove your shoes and keep it at room temperature for 15 minutes so it is easy for you to take off the ice.
- After you are done taking off the ice, let your shoes air dry and they are ready to be used!
HOW DOES THIS WORK?
The water in zip lock bag expands thus stretching your shoe. This loosens it a bit and makes it comfortable to wear.