Many people carefully tend to the skin on their face, regularly exfoliating, cleansing, and moisturizing. But when’s the last time you tended to the skin on the rest of your body? Regular dry brushing helps your skin detox and expel out the toxins and dirt while you bath/soak in bath tub. Dry brushing is always recommended before bath time as osmosis draws out the unwanted toxins from skin thereby helping with the detox.
HOW TO DO DRY BRUSHING THE RIGHT WAY:
STEP 1 – Purchase a natural (not synthetic) bristle brush with a long handle. Brushes with log handle help you get to hard to reach places.
STEP 2 – Begin brushing by starting at your feet and moving in long sweeping motions toward your heart. Make sure that you always brush towards your heart.
STEP 3 – Brush several times in each area.
STEP 4 – Once you’ve brushed your entire body, jump in the shower.
STEP 5 – After getting out of the shower, pat dry skin and apply a natural fruit oil like rose hip or coconut oil.
- Dry skin brushing removes dead dry skin, improving appearance, clearing your clogged pores, and allowing your skin to “breathe.”
- Dry skin brushing may go even deeper, helping to support your digestion and organ function
- Aside from the health benefits, you can also achieve glowing skin that’s much firmer. Increased blood flow to an area of your skin reduces the appearance of tired-looking skin, making you look younger.
- Brushing the skin gently stimulates the lymphatic system and is considered to be one of the best natural lymphatic cleansers available.
- It also aids the kidneys and liver by stimulating the skin to help rid the body of toxins.