Long hours in the summer sun and heat can wreak havoc on your hair. You’re scalp can be sunburned easily if you are out in the sun for too long and hence using SPF in your hair is necessary. And not only is your scalp at risk for sunburn, but your hair can be really damaged from the sun. Sun damage can cause your hair to be dry, brittle, and frizzy and can even fade your hair color.
- Easy to make
- Smells great.
- Not only protects hair from sun but also keeps it soft.
- Adding essential oils stimulates hair follicles.
Things you need:
- 1 Cup Distilled Water
- 2-3 tsp sunscreen with SPF 25
- 3-4 drops rosemary oil
- Dillute your normal sunscreen with water and essential oil.
- Pour into a spray bottle and spritz on hair before going out into the sun or getting into the pool to protect your color and shine.
- Be sure to get your scalp and the ends of your hair.
Note: Shake the bottle properly before every use.
During summer, exposure to UVA and UVB rays, lots of sweat and humidity, and chlorinated pools or the salty ocean can dry out and damage hair. Whether you are hitting the pool, having sun bathe or just hanging out in the sun, this DIY hair sunscreen will definitely protect your hair from sun damage and keep them strong and smooth.