We are all born with flawless and spotless skin but develop pigmentation, dark spots, uneven skin tone and other skin problems as we age. Hyperpigmentation is on rise these days because of pollution that has caused holes in the ozone layer that no longer can filter the UV rays. Other factors that can cause hyperpigmentation is not using sunscreen, sensitive skin, genes, lack of skin care etc. Commercial products that claim to reduce pigmentation often seldom work but natural remedy using potato works great when used religiously! Potato is a well-known natural remedy for pigmentation and dark spots and below is how you could use it to lighten your pigmentation marks along with its benefits:
- Potatoes may aid in the lightening of dark spots left by acne scars, aging, and hyper pigmentation.
- Potatoes along with lightening hyperpigmentation marks has properties that will lighten the under eye area, help to reduce dark circles and get rid of under eye bags.
- Potatoes contain enzymes called as catecholase that directly targets hyperpigmentation and help in lightening it.
- Potatoes contain beneficial vitamins A, C, B that help to reduce premature ageing on your face and also avoid wrinkles and pigmentation that develop as the skin ages.
WAYS TO USE POTATO TO REDUCE PIGMENTATION:
- In a bowl mix together potato paste and coconut milk enough to make a thick spreadable paste. Apply this onto your face and let it sit for good 30 minutes. Rinse it all off and pat dry. Follow with a moisturizer. Use the mask every day to see visible difference.
- Cut one raw potato slice and on cleansed face, rub it for 5 minutes. Make sure you poke the slice before using so the juices come out. Let it dry and sleep with it. Wash off in the morning.