Dark spots can be caused due to zits, acne, blemishes or blackheads. Increased exposure to sun is the culprit behind most dark spots. So, apply sunscreen, every time you go out. A quick and natural solution to treat dark spots can be found in your kitchen – lemon juice. Lemon contains astringents and Vitamin C that helps to lighten dark spots. Applying lemon juice on the affected areas is one of the best home remedies to treat dark spots on the face.
Lemon face mask for dark spots:
- Slice the lemon in half and squeeze the juice into a cup or bowl.
- Dip a cotton swab in the lemon juice and apply it directly on the spots.
- Allow the lemon juice to dry and rinse off with cold water.
- Continue applying this dark spot removal home remedy for at least two weeks to get the desired result.
Lemon face scrub for dark spots:
- Cut a lemon in half and dip it into a bowl of sugar.
- Rub the lemon with sugar gently on the dark spots to exfoliate the dead skin.
- Leave the scrub on for 2 mins before you rinse off.
For sensitive skin, dilute lemon juice with aloe vera, rose water or honey:
- Mix 2 tsp of lemon juice with a tsp of honey.
- Using a cotton ball and rub the mixture on the affected skin area.
- Allow it to sit for 30 mins and then wash it off with plain water.