Many of us have a habit of sleeping with makeup or just washing the face with water before bedtime- thanks to our laziness. Water washing is not enough as it does not remove makeup completely. There are a lot of makeup removers available but nothing beats natural substitutes! Coconut oil is one such ingredient that can remove makeup completely along with nourishing your skin and cleansing from deep within. Coconut oil cleanses your face and helps clear acne with regular usage.
HERE’S HOW TO REMOVE MAKEUP ALONG WITH CLEARING ACNE USING COCONUT OIL:
- Turn on the hot water and let it run for a while. You’ll want it practically steaming.
- Grab an old washcloth and a bottle of organic coconut oil.
- Pour some coconut oil in your hand.
- Rub the oil all over your face. The makeup will immediately start to smear off, and it won’t be pretty. Lips, brows, eyelashes- get oil everywhere. Gently massage your entire face with circular motions.
- Soak the washcloth in the hottest water you can stand, and gently wipe the makeup residue off. Once it’s all gone, lay the hot washcloth over your face for a few seconds.
- Remove the wash cloth and wash your face with cold water. Pat dry. You may use face wash if your face still feels oily.
Note: You may also use coconut oil on cotton ball to wipe the makeup off, but this method works the best!
BENEFITS OF USING COCONUT OIL AS MAKEUP REMOVER:
- Not only is coconut oil antimicrobial, full of antioxidants, and super moisturizing, it also has been shown to work well for all skin types.
- Because it improves collagen cross-linking, coconut oil may help improve stretch marks, scars, and fine lines and wrinkles.
- Coconut oil deep cleanses pores and helps reduce acne.