Nothing can beat a steamy hot and minty bath when you are suffering from severe cold. Mint vapours have the power to open up your sinuses and clear them out. Not only is it beneficial for cold, but also cough as it directly soothes your chest.
Vicks vapour rub shower cubes are a great way to give your chest and nose the all needed warm vapours that can also give you a good night’s sleep. Here is how you can make one for yourself:
SUMMING UP THE PROS:
- – Very easy to make and use
- – Gives warm vapours to the entire body so can help you with body ache as well
- – Can prevent acne
- – Essential oils can be added according your choice and concerns. For e.g. Lavender oil when added can give you a good night’s sleep and is beneficial if you have cold.
- – Lasts long hence, a bigger batch can be made
- – Good for people of all ages.
- – A safer alternative to commercial medications that have side effects.
HOW TO MAKE:
To make this, you need ½ cup baking soda, ½ cup corn starch, 5 tablespoons of vics vaporub, 10 drops eucalyptus essential oil and water as per needed. Along with the ingredients, you also need a bowl for mixing, ice cube tray and a jar for storage of prepared moulds of shower cubes.
Combine baking soda and corn starch in a bowl. Mix with a spoon and add vics vaporub to it. Pour water little by little to it until you get a thick paste like consistency. Add essential oil to it and pour the mixture into an ice cube tray. Let it ait dry overnight or even longer. Gently remove the cubes from the tray and store them in a jar. Your very own vics vaporub shower cubes are ready!
To use these shower cubes, simply take one into the shower with you and let it melt under the water. The bathroom will be filled with vapors of the vaporub and will soothe your senses. You can also keep them under the shower near you in a bowl to avoid floor getting slippery.