Many store-bought mascaras are expensive, full of ingredients that could be damaging to the environment, harmful for your body, or that you may wish to avoid for personal or ethical reasons. But that doesn’t mean you have to forgo mascara altogether, and making your own is actually pretty simple. So try making this simple DIY mascara using activated charcoal:
- Easy to make
- Contains no chemicals
- No harm if it gets in the eye
- Can be kept for as long as 1 year
- All natural ingredients
Things you need-
- ¼ tsp bentonite clay
- ¼ tsp aloe vera gel
- 3-4 drops vegetable glycerine
- 3 activated charcoal capsules
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- ½ teaspoon beeswax
- Few drops vitamin E oil
- Combine together aloe vera gel, coconut oil, beeswax and vitamin E oil in a pan
- Put the pan on a double boiler and let the beeswax melt
- Put off the flame and let the mixture cool down a bit
- Add aloe vera gel and bentonite clay. Mix thoroughly.
- Add glycerine and mix again.
- Make sure there are no lumps.
- Add charcoal and mix thoroughly.
- Add the mixture in an old mascara tube or container. If you do not have mascara tube, a normal tub would also do but you need to have an old mascara wand atleast for easy application.