Garam masala is a blend of ground spices used in Indian curries, commonly incorporating cinnamon, cumin, cloves and nutmeg. Garam masala is readily available in shops, but if you prefer to prepare it in bulk at home, then here’s a simple recipe:
- Cinnamon – 30 gm
- Fennel Seeds ( Saunf) – 30 gm
- Cloves – 30 gm
- Cumin seeds ( jeera) – 15 gm
- Nutmeg – 15 gm
- Cardamom (Elachi) – 7 gm
- Gather all the ingredients.
- Dry roast on a low flame till it gets toasted and golden.
- Cool slightly and blend in a mixer to a fine powder.
- Store in an airtight container away from direct sunlight.