Green tea has numerous health benefits, the most well-known being weightloss benefit. Did you know that green tea is beneficial for your hair too? Recent studies have concluded that green tea has hair growth stimulating properties!
Pregnancy, stress, being unhygienic, dandruff etc. can make your hair weak and prone to breakage and hair fall. Here is how you should use green tea for stimulating hair growth along with its benefits:
- – Green tea has anti-inflammatory properties that help to stop hairloss and even stimulate growth of new hair.
- – Green tea contains DHT-blockers that help block DHT which is a main cause for baldness. This way, green tea prevents baldness.
- – Green tea contains vitamin B which makes hair soft, silky, prevents split ends and strengthens hair follicles.
- – Green tea contains antioxidant- EGCG that stimulates hair growth.
- – It contains polyphenols, vitamin E and vitamin C, which are known to boost lustrous hair.
HOW TO USE:
GREEN HONEY TEA
Whenever you use green tea topically for anything, it is necessary that you use it internally too to add on to the benefits. To make this healthy green honey tea, you need 1 cup water, 1 tablespoon lose green tea leaves, ½ teaspoon honey and juice of half lemon. Brew 1 cup green tea by adding green tea leaves to 1 cup of water. Let it simmer on low flame for 5 minutes and put off the flame. Strain the green tea into a cup and add honey and lemon juice to it. Stir and consume warm.
To make green tea hair rinse, you need 3 tablespoons of green tea, 2 cups water and 2 tablespoons of fresh aloe vera gel. Brew 2 cups green tea by adding green tea leaves to water. Let it simmer on low flame for 5 minutes and put off the flame. Add aloe vera gel to the warm brewed green tea, but make sure the gel you are adding is free of lumps. Mix it well and use this solution as your last hair rinse. Do not wash it off.
GREEN METHI HAIR MASK
To make this hair growth mask, you need a handful of methi leaves and 3 cups brewed strong green tea (4 tablespoons of green tea leaves brewed in 3 cups water and strained). Add methi leaves and brewed green tea into a blender and blend everything together. You need not add anything else to it. Use this paste as a hair mask- apply it all over your scalp and hair and wash it off after 4-5 hours. Do this once a week.