As the weather gets windier and colder, flu and cold season kicks into gear. Cold and flu can make you restless and ill. It can sometimes be accompanies with headache and fatigue. In this situation, all you need is a warm ginger shot- to make you feel comfortable and treat cold and flu. Here I am with a recipe for this ginger shot; but before heading on to the recipe, let us have a sneak peek at its benefits:
Here are the benefits of consuming this soothing ginger shot:
- Lemon is high in vitamin C, which keeps the immune system strong and neutralizes the free radicals in your body. This reduces the inflammation and swelling.
- Honey soothes a sore throat, making it an effective and natural cough suppressant. This improves the body’s ability to fight infection and decreases the risk of fevers.
- Ginger helps you sweat out the toxins in your body, which is helpful when you have a cold or flu. Ginger is also helpful for settling upset stomachs, dizziness, nausea, vomiting and cold sweats.
Here is a recipe for Ginger Shot:
Things you need-
- 2 lemons
- 2-3 ginger (4-5 inches each)
- Raw honey
- Mason jar
- Slice lemons and ginger
- Mix them together and put in the mason jar
- Slowly, pour honey over the lemon and ginger. Allow the honey to sink down and around the lemon and ginger slices. Fill jar to the top with honey and seal tightly.
- Store in the fridge.
- Scoop 1 tablespoon into a cup of hot water. Be sure to scoop whole pieces of ginger and lemon. Allow to steep for 3-4 minutes and sip away.