People suffer from common cold quite casually as it is a condition that comes and goes depending upon the weather, surroundings and hygiene. Though it is not a severe condition, it causes a lot of discomfort and sometimes sore throat and clogged noses. A warm effective drink is enough to soothe the throat and nose. Here is simple drink recipe to treat common cold. But let us first know its benefits:
- Ginger can help relieve congestion associated with the common cold. It also prevents allergies.
- Ginger also helps build immunity preventing frequent common colds
- Onion relieves signs of cold of flu and prevents further associated symptoms.
Here is a recipe for DIY Ginger and Onion Tea:
Things you need:
- 1 inch ginger
- Half small onion
- 1 cup pre-brewed green tea
- 1 pinch of salt
- Boil ginger and onion with green tea
- Add salt and let it cool
- Consume warm!
This great tasting tea soothes the senses and symptoms of common cold.