Cold and flu can spoil all the cold weather fun! There are a lot of over-the-counter medications but why spend on medications when you can use a home made syrup which is equally effective? Here I am with a recipe for Garlic Honey Syrup for cold and flu including its benefits:
- Garlic is a powerful immune-booster. It is very effective against nasty bacterial, viral and fungal infections. The antibiotic qualities of garlic appear to be a direct result of the allicin produced from raw, crushed garlic.
- Honey also has anti-bacterial, anti-viral, and anti-fungal properties, so when you combine the two, you’ve got a great aid to help you fight sore throats, colds or the flu.
Things you need:
- ½ cup peeled garlic cloves
- ½ cup raw organic honey
- Combine the ingredients in an air tight jar. Keep it in your fridge so that you will be all set for winter (or the next time you start to feel sick). The garlic is ready to eat after a few days but tastes even better over time. You can replace the garlic cloves with fresh ones whenever you take some out, so the jar remains pretty much full at all times.
- At the first sign of illness, start eating a clove of garlic. The honey can be taken on its own by the spoonful as a cough syrup. You could also mix a teaspoon of the honey with some hot water and drink this as a tonic when you’re sick.