With a change in weather comes flu! It can make us uncomfortable, lazy and sick-kind-of-feel which obviously have a lot of OTC medications. As we all know, natural alternatives are always the best options and this time too there is no exception! Here I am with a recipe for flu fighting tea:
- Ginger’s been used for centuries to relieve a sore throat and loosen up congestion due to a cold. Best known for its ability to calm an upset stomach, ginger can also relieve aches and pains due to its anti-inflammatory properties.
- With natural antibacterial properties, high levels of vitamin C and the natural ability to support and detoxify your liver, lemon acts a strong defence against germs.
- Great for warming the body and stimulating the release of built up mucous in the sinus and respiratory passages, cayenne pepper also causes you to sweat, lowering a fever and eliminating toxins.
Here is a recipe for this flu fighting tea:
- 3 cups water
- Juice of half lemon
- 3 slices of ginger (¼ inch thick)
- 1 pinch cayenne
- Honey as per taste
- Add all ingredients to boiling water and let it steep for 5 minutes
- Add honey and consume warm!