We are what we eat and whatever we eat shows up on our skin and hair. Topical treatments do work, but eating healthy naturally makes your skin and hair healthy. Not all are blessed with naturally healthy hair and stunted hair growth can be a result of genes, lack of hair care, scalp infections, lack of nutrition etc. Carrots provide ultimate protection against a number of beauty problems, helping in maintaining healthy skin and hair. Below is how you could make carrot juice for healthy hair growth along with its benefits:
- Carrot promotes hair growth, moisturizes hair, relieves scalp itching, reduces dandruff and deep conditions them.
- Drinking carrot juice regularly offers lot of vitamins to hair, thereby reducing hairfall and making your hair thicker, shinier and stronger.
- The vitamin C and E present in carrots improve the blood circulation in scalp and thus prevent premature greying of hair.
- Carrots are very high in Vitamin A, as well as Vitamins B and C, Iron and Calcium. Carrot juice not only strengthens hair follicles and maintain scalp health but also make your skin healthy!
- Apples are high in Vitamins and minerals, and are a good source of pectin and antioxidants.
- Orange and lemon too contain high amounts of vitamin C that is beneficial for hair growth.
CARROT JUICE RECIPE:
Things you need: To make carrot juice, you need-
- 2 medium sized carrots
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 medium sized apple
- 1 orange
- Water as per requirement to get a desired consistency
Procedure: In a blender, add in washed, peeled and diced carrots, diced apples, orange petals and juice of 1 lemon. Blend it, add in more water and blend it again until you get a desired consistency. Strain to get a smooth juice and consume! You can also add in ice if you want.