Have you ever cut into a beet and stared in awe at the gorgeously intense pink-red colour, wishing you owned some blush or lipstick in that very same hue? Same here! Beets have a beautiful colour to them- and it happens to be flattering on just about every skin tone. Beets can be used to make a natural lip and cheek stain which is easy and looks naturally gorgeous! Read on to know how to make it-
- Easy and fun to make
- An amazing alternative to commercial lip and cheek stains
- No chemicals!
- Lasts for upto 2 weeks in refrigerator
Things you need:
- ½ cup beet juice or 3 tablespoons beet powder
- 3 tablespoons olive oil/vegetable glycerine
- Add the vegetable glycerine/olive oil and beet powder or juice to your double boiler (or makeshift double boiler, as in my case) and let simmer for at least 20 minutes.
- After about 20 minutes, remove your pot from heat and funnel the liquid into a glass container. This amount of time creates a subtle-coloured makeup. For a bolder colour, leave your mixture on the stove for longer. Allow the mixture to cool completely before applying to your skin.
- To apply, dip a cotton ball or cosmetic sponge into the liquid and dab onto your lips or cheeks! You are done- gorgeous pink cheeks and lips!