The women of India are well known for having long, thick beautiful hair. Their secret? They apply oil to their hair and scalp on a frequent basis. Not just oil, but ayurvedic oil! Ayurvedic Medicine was developed in India and is one of the world’s oldest holistic wellness systems. Tradition of massaging scalp and hair with warm ayurvedic oil on a regular basis dates back centuries. In Ayurveda, combination of oils is infused with combination of herbs. Here is a recipe for DIY hair oil:
- Cleanse scalp with antibacterial and antifungal ingredients
- Promotes hair growth
- Strengthens hair follicles
- Prevents greying of hair
- Makes hair healthy and smooth with regular usage
Things you need:
- 1 tablespoon bhringraj powder – Bhringraj is an important Ayurveda herb, widely used in hair fall treatment.
- 1 tablespoon neem powder – Deep conditioner
- 7-8 curry leaves – a good treatment for dull hair and hair loss.
- 1 tablespoon castor oil – Castor oil has natural antibacterial and antifungal properties and is high inVitamin E, minerals, proteins, and Omega 6 and 9 beneficial fatty acids.
- 1 tablespoon brahmi powder – anti-fugal properties that will keep your scalp dandruff-free.
- 1 tablespoon tulsi powder – antibacterial properties
- 1 teaspoon hibiscus powder – use hibiscus leaves for getting thick, long and black hair.
- 2 cups organic coconut oil – The vitamins and essential fatty acids naturally found in coconut oil nourish the scalp and help to remove sebum build-up from hair follicles.
- Combine all the dried herbs in a heavy bottom pot.
- Mix the powders thoroughly
- Add coconut oil to it and castor oil too.
- Stir to combine and keep on low flame
- When the oil starts sparkling, add curry leaves and cover it with lid
- Turn off the flame after 5 minutes and filter the oil using muslin cloth after it cools down.
- Store the oil in a bottle and use everyday or before hair washing.