Epsom salts are naturally occurring mineral compounds with the chemical formula of magnesium sulphate. It can be used to detoxify and cleanse our body! Toxins are in the air we breathe, the food we eat, the medications we take and in the water we drink. Toxins cause irritation, harm and destruction in the body if left unchecked.
An Epsom salt detox bath is an excellent way to detox and get out any harmful and unnatural substances. Our skin is our largest organ and our primary detox organ, which is why a detox bath is so beneficial. Here are some ways to detox the body using Epsom salt:
EPSOM SALT DETOX BATH –
- 2 cups of Epsom salt
- 5-10 drops of detox essential oil
- A detox bath is one of the easiest healing therapies we can do to facilitate our body’s natural detoxification system.
- Add 5-10 drops essential oil (lavender preferably) to 2 cups Epsom salt, then add to a standard tub full of water.
- Immerse yourself in the water, all the way up to your neck. You want as much of your body underwater as you can.
- Close your eyes, do some breathing exercises and soak for at least 20 minutes.
- It is important not to use harsh soaps or shampoos as your pores are open and will just absorb the chemicals found in those products.