We all know that baking soda is beneficial for the skin. This ingredient is commonly used in skincare since it is easily/readily available; and works great! A simple baking soda can clean your skin, kill a wide variety of potentially destructive pathogens and make you feel a lot better. Here are some popular benefits of using baking soda while you bath, but before that, let us go through some ways to use baking soda in your bath:
WAYS TO USE:
- Baking soda can be mixed with plain water and used to scrub your body. Always follow with apple cider vinegar rinse or put few drops of apple cider vinegar in your bathing water to balance the skin pH.
- Mix baking soda with coconut oil and use it to scrub your body if you have very dry skin.
- Add baking soda in your shower gel for an exfoliating effect.
- Add few teaspoons of baking soda in your warm bathing water.
- Apply a thick paste of baking soda before you bath on body acne, especially backne and let it dry. Take a shower as usual.
Baking soda has a great exfoliating property and the tiny granules first work in removing or scrubbing away the dead skin cells and then they melt to give your skin a soft feel and soothe the scrubbing action. When you wash it off, skin feels smooth and fresh.
Baking soda is antimicrobial that is both anti-bacterial and anti-fungal. It helps skin get rid of all the bacteria and fungus that reside i8n clogged pores causing body acne. Its anti-microbial and exfoliating action cleanses your pores and prevents/heals body acne.
Baking soda has alkaline nature that makes it great for soothing sunburnt skin. It also has mild antiseptic and dryi8ng properties that helps flake off sunburn blisters.
TREATS BODY ODOUR
Baking soda helps absorb moisture and sweat from the skin, thus reducing body odour. Baking soda thus tops the list of natural body deodorants. Since it is antimicrobial, it also inhibits all the odour causing bacteria and keeps you smelling fresh.