Blackheads are “clogged hair follicles” that are filled with excess oil, dead skin and bacteria. They look ugly no doubt, but that’s not the only bad thing about them! They also enlarge your pores giving you strawberry skin and in long terms can add texture your skin which could be permanent. It is important to cleanse your pores on regular basis to prevent or remove existing blackheads and this can be done easily at home without having to spend a lot behind expensive treatments and products. Baking soda is a wonder ingredient which is long known for its skin exfoliating properties; below is how you could use baking soda to remove blackheads along with its benefits:
- Baking soda has exfoliating properties that gently scrub away dead skin cells and also cleanses the pores.
- Baking soda also inhibits acne causing bacteria thus preventing blemishes and pimples on the nose and wherever you use it regularly.
- Baking soda eliminates excess oil and prevents pores from getting clogged. This eradicates any chance of forming a white head or black head.
WAYS TO MAKE BAKING SODA SCRUB TO REMOVE BLACKHEADS:
- In a bowl, add baking soda and some lemon juice. Let it fizz. Adjust consistency by adding the ingredients more or less so as to achieve a thick spreadable paste. Apply the paste on areas where you have blackheads and get a gentle steam for 2-3 minutes. Massage for 1 minute and rinse it off.
- In a bowl, Take ½ teaspoon of toothpaste and add in enough baking soda to achieve a granulated paste. Use this as a face scrub or only on areas where you have blackheads.
- Another easy way to make a baking soda scrub is to mix together raw organic honey and baking soda. Apply the thick paste on areas where you have/get blackheads and massage for good 2-3 minutes. Rinse it off and pat dry.