Our eyes are the most important organs we have in relating to the world around us. Our eyes are the connection between the outer and inner worlds. In fact it is said that our eyes are the mirror to our soul. We must protect and take loving care of these delicate organs. Ayurveda explains that Pitta dosha, the element of fire and light, governs our eyes. When Alochaka pitta is in balance, eyes are healthy, bright, clear, shiny, luminous, and we enjoy sharp eyesight, but when it gets aggravated one could experience eye problems!
Buying luxuriously packaged cosmetics is one of the perks of being a girl. Whether a product actually works or not is almost secondary to the feeling you get from purchasing a new cream or serum that promises the world in beauty. After all, a beautiful package must deliver on its promises, Right? Ayurveda recommends ghee for eye health both external and internal that balances pitta. Here is a recipe for Ghee eye cream for all the eye problems:
- Smoothens fine lines
- Detoxes the under eyes and reduces puffiness and dark circles
- Can treat eye infections
- Lubricate dry eyes
- Improves vision with regular application
Things you need:
- few drops sandalwood oil,
- ½ teaspoon saffron strands,
- half cup ghee.
- Heat ghee in a small pan and add saffron strands to it.
- let it melt; saffron will give a nice golden colour to ghee. Do not boil.
- After the ghee has cooled a bit, add sandalwood oil to it.
- Pour the mixture in a jar and store it in cool and dry place. Use it every night- can be applied in and around the eyes.
Caution: Always apply this after you have thoroughly washed your hands. Do not dip fingers directly into the jar; use a spatula to take out the cream.
** Note ** : It is best to use homemade ghee for this purpose.