If you regularly use your oven, chances are your oven might be getting dirty very often. The sticky steam, spills, and tiny food particles settle on the floor of oven and also around the walls. They can get sticky if you do not clean your oven on usual basis. Commercially available cleaners often contain toxic materials. The chemicals in the commercial stuff might sting your eyes, make it hard to breath and can even burn your skin if you happen to get some of it on you. Here are some safe and all-natural DIY oven clean recipes that really work:
What you need: To make this, you need ½ cup vinegar, 2 tablespoons dishwashing solution and 1 cup water.
- Mix up all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Take a scrubber and dip it in the solution. Use it to scrub the oven’s internal parts.
- After you are done scrubbing, wash the scrubber and soak it in plain water. Wipe the cleaning solution off.
- Repeat until everything is clean.
BAKING SODA CLEANER
What you need: ½ cup baking soda, 3 tablespoons dishwashing liquid, enough water to make a paste.
- Apply the paste over the dirt and stained parts or oven.
- Take a toothbrush, wet the bristles and begin scrubbing the internal as well external of the oven.
- Let it sit for 4 hours and then wipe the foam off using wet sponge.
- Repeat until the everything comes off clean.
What you need: Juice of 5-6 lemons, few drops lemon essential oil and a dishwashing liquid.
- Mix all the ingredients and adjust the consistency until you get a spreadable paste.
- Apply the paste all over the oven forming a film.
- Let it sit for 3-4 hours and scrub it using toothbrush or a scrubber.
- Wipe off everything using a damp sponge and repeat until everything comes off clean.