Although canker sores are often small in size, they can be extremely painful. Canker sores are small red bumps with yellow and white centers that can form inside the mouth, lips, cheeks, throat, and on the tongue. Canker sores are caused by the reasons like poor diet, more stress, low immune system, vitamin deficiencies, mouth trauma & other kind of food allergies. You can find it as canker sore when you have burning sensation or tingling near the affected area, fever, swollen lymph glands etc.
Benefits of this mouthwash:
- Turmeric has antiseptic property which helps to cure the canker sores.
- Honey is an effective soothing agent. The anti inflammatory, antiseptic & antifungal properties which can be used as an effective treatment for canker sores and its symptoms.
- Aloe Vera has anti inflammatory & anti bacterial properties which help to cure the canker sores by easing its pain & speed up the healing process.
- Tannic acid is a kind of astringent, which is a main part in the tea bags helps to prevent the inflammation & pain caused by canker sores.
Here is a recipe for this DIY Canker Sore Mouthwash:
Things you need:
- Black tea brewed using 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon fresh aloe vera gel
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon honey
Brew a cup of black tea with and add in the rest of the ingredients. Use it like a mouthwash till the canker sore heals.